Server name: jupiter.levich.net
Off-campus access: Yes
Configuration: The littlest jupyterhub (TLJH)
Function: Give users web access to analyze data on other Levich servers.
How to use
After you obtained the account, point browser to
login with the credential your admin gives to you.
From there, follow documentation of Jupyter Notebook.
Request access to your data on other servers
The easiest way is to ask the current system administrator email@example.com to establish a file sharing mechanism between your data server and jupiter. There are, however, ways that you can do it by yourself.
- sshfs, mount a remote file system in user space
- magic wormhole to transfer files and folders. This can cross firewall.
- rsync or scp to transfer files
There is no mechanism to change password within Jupyter Hub control panel yet. Please ask system administrator to reset password for you.
- magic wormhole (for file and directory transfering)
Install additional packages
- You can install additional Python packages under your environment in Jupyter shell.
- If you think other users may benefit from the same package, email the system administrator to install it in a global environment.